A. Sign up for Box
All UC Davis faculty, students, and staff now have
access to a 50 GB free
account on Box.com. You must have an
email which ends with "@ucdavis.edu"
You can sign up here:
Please Do not use your departmental user name and
password to sign up. Instead, use your campus user name
and passphrase, the ones you use for MyTravel.
You can find more information on this service
B. Install Box Sync
- Point your web browser to:
- Logon using your Campus user name
and passphrase. The Welcome page
- Click on the "Download Box
- Open the installer that is in
your download folder.
- Follow the step by step instructions
in the installer.
- You need to have Admin privilege to
be able to install new software
C. Start Syncing
- Navigate to "My Documents" folder
and from there to "My Box File" folder:
- Drag and drop any file or folder you
want to sync in the "My Box File" folder
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Box
Sync -> Box Sync
The Box Sync program appears:
- Enter your email, check the box for
Use my company's sign-on
credentials and click
Submit button. The UCD Secure
Log-on screen appears:
- Use your Campus user name and Campus
passphrase to log on. The Box Sync
- Click on the "Start Sync" button to
sync your files from ...\My Documents\My
Box Files\ folder and your cloud storage
on the Box server.
- Click on the "Go to Box" icon on the
top right corner of the dialog box to go
to the Box Cloud Storage Server .